I am a developer/programmer with a passion for creating elegant and quality solutions through code. I work in HL7 Interface Development focusing on implementing Electronic Data Integration (EDI) solutions for healthcare data exchange between systems. I consider myself a life-long learner, and I am always excited about digging into a new problem and learning a different way to implement a solution.
I currently live in Portland, OR, and in my free time I love to explore the beautiful Pacific Northwest with my wonderful wife and fun-loving dog, go on a bike ride, and play ultimate frisbee.
OCHIN - Portland, OR
HL7 Interface Developer | July 2014 - Present
- Format and meet technical specifications for HL7, JSON, and XML data structures.
- Utilize RESTful web APIs, SOAP web services, and SFTP protocols to connect and send data to vendors.
- Provide technical tier 3 customer support working with JIRA as a issue ticketing platform.
- Participated in scoping projects as a technical SME. Providing technical work breakdown and hour estimates.
- Lead mentorship and code review meetings for our internal team. Work with internal training for onboarding new staff.
- Provide On-Call technical support. Proactively maintaining and monitoring over 300 interfaces.
When Ben noticed a problem with an interface, he reached out to them immediately to find out if there was an issue on their side of the communication. Because he was proactive and did so, the client was very gracious. This an a fantastic demonstration of someone performing at a true level of Excellence (and definitely not the only example of Ben doing so).
- Recognized as the Collaboration Value representative for the Spring 2015 quarter
Ben volunteered to jump on the call and provided assistance once he got up to speed. A perfect example of customer service! My thanks and appreciation for his taking the initiative and helping me with a very tenuous member.
Freelance Web Developer
Freelance Programmer/Developer | December 2016 - Present
- Utilize AJAX to make CRUD server calls for a data driven web application.
- Design and Customize websites for clients built with WordPress and Enjin CMS platforms.
Nuesoft Technologies - Marietta, GA
Software Development Intern | December 2013 - July 2014
- Integrated a SOAP web service into a Java Application to handle electronic signatures
- Lead a team of four to create custom Java Swing components to replace deprecated components
- Onboard and mentor new-hire interns, guiding them through the training process
The Universtiy of Georgia - Athens, GA
Bachelor's of Science | Computer Science | GPA - 3.72
Certifications & Trainings
- Epic Bridges Interface Certification | Feb 2015 - Present
- Epic Chronicles Database Programmer Certification | Feb 2015 - Present
- Interconnect Programmer Certification | Nov 2016 - Present
- EpicCare Ambulatory Proficiency | Apr 2016 - Present
- Mirth Connect Fundamentals Certification | Feb 2016 - Present